Dr Habib Ullah
I'm a Research Fellow in the Faculty of ESE, working on the Design and Development of Catalysts for Energy applications (Green H2). I employ state-of-the-art Computational Chemistry methods (DFT/MD) along with Experiments in the area of Electrocatalysis.
As we know, First-Principles DFT/MD simulations play an important role in the design, understanding, development, and optimization of novel advanced materials (Energy Materials). In order to design an efficient Catalyst; so far, I have worked on the surface chemistry of Conjugated Polymers, Transition Metal Oxides, Encapsulated Materials, Nanomaterials, Alloys, Intercalated Materials, Composite Materials, Perovskites, and 2D materials. Through DFT/MD modellings, I am aiming to engineer the atomic and electronic properties of these materials for delivering fast reaction kinetics (OER/ORR/HER/UOR/CO2RR) with high efficiency, selectivity, and stability.Research Interests
- Advanced Oxidation Process
- 2018 PhD Renewable Energy (University of Exeter, United Kingdom)
- 2013 MPhil Physical Chemistry (University of Peshawar, Pakistan)
- 2010 BSc Physical Chemistry (University of Peshawar, Pakistan)
- 2018 - **** Research Fellow, Faculty of ESE, University of Exeter, United Kingdom
- 2019-2020 Associate Fellow (AFHEA), University of Exeter, United Kingdom
- 2015-2018 Teaching Assistant (TA), University of Exeter, United Kingdom
- 2011-2014 Teaching Assistant (TA), Institute of Chemical Sciences, University of Peshawar, Pakistan
- University of Exeter, Penryn Campus, College Funded Ph.D Studentship. 2014 - 2018
- Rashid bin Mohd Yusoff- Advanced Display Research Canter, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, South Korea
- S. Zh. Karazhanov - Department for Solar Energy, Institute for Energy Technology, 2027 Kjeller, Norway
- Wei Luo - Engineering Research Centre for Functional Ceramics, Wuhan 430074, PR China
- Suriati Sufian- Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, 32610, Bandar Seri, Perak, Malaysia.
- Zhuqi Chen - Key Laboratory of Material Chemistry for Energy Conversion and Storage, Wuhan, PR China.
- Mohd A. Mat Teridi - Solar Energy Research Institute - National University of Malaysia, Malaysia
- Sayyar Ali Shah - School of Environmental & Chemical Engineering Jiangsu UST, Zhenjiang P. R. China
- Aihua Xu - School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Wuhan Textile University, Wuhan 430200, China
- Igor Djerdj - Department of Chemistry J. J. Strossmayer University of Osijek Cara Hadrijana, Croatia
- C. Wang & M. Humayun – Wuhan National Laboratory, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan PR China
- Journal Editor - Energies MDPI (Special Issue "Photo(electro)catalytic Water Splitting for H2 Production")
- Peer Reviewer - Web of Science