Prof Xiaoyu Yan
Copyright Notice: Any articles made available for download are for personal use only. Any other use requires prior permission of the author and the copyright holder.
Copyright Notice: Any articles made available for download are for personal use only. Any other use requires prior permission of the author and the copyright holder.
- Qu Y, Hooper T, Austen MC, Papathanasopoulou E, Huang J, Yan X. (2023) Development of a computable general equilibrium model based on integrated macroeconomic framework for ocean multi-use between offshore wind farms and fishing activities in Scotland, Applied Energy, volume 332, DOI:10.1016/j.apenergy.2022.120529.
- Peng T, Ren L, Du E, Ou X, Yan X. (2022) Life Cycle Energy Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Analysis of Primary and Recycled Aluminum in China, Processes, volume 10, no. 11, pages 2299-2299, DOI:10.3390/pr10112299.
- Sun N, Wang P, Jian X, Hao M, Yan X, Chen W-Q. (2022) Material Flow analysis of plastics from provincial household appliances in China: 1978-2016, Waste Manag, volume 153, pages 156-166, DOI:10.1016/j.wasman.2022.08.031. [PDF]
- Shutler JD, Yan X, Cnossen I, Schulz L, Watson AJ, Glaßmeier K-H, Hawkins N, Nasu H. (2022) Atmospheric impacts of the space industry require oversight, Nature Geoscience, volume 15, no. 8, pages 598-600, DOI:10.1038/s41561-022-01001-5.
- Zhang G, Zhang B, Guo Y, Cui G, Dou B, Wang Z, Yan X. (2022) Effect of metal oxide particles on the flow and forced convective heat transfer behaviour of microencapsulated PCM slurry, Solar Energy, volume 238, pages 280-290, DOI:10.1016/j.solener.2022.04.050.
- Zhang G, Guo Y, Zhang B, Yan X, Lu W, Cui G, Du Y. (2022) Preparation and control mechanism of nano-phase change emulsion with high thermal conductivity and low supercooling for thermal energy storage, Energy Reports, volume 8, pages 8301-8311, DOI:10.1016/j.egyr.2022.06.029.
- Deeney M, Green R, Yan X, Dooley C, Yates J, Rolker HB, Kadiyala S. (2022) Human health effects of recycling and reusing plastic packaging in the food system: a systematic review and meta-analysis of life cycle assessments, DOI:10.1101/2022.04.22.22274074.
- Faccioli M, Law C, Caine C, Berger N, Yan X, Weninger F, Guell C, Day B, Smith R, Bateman I. (2022) Combined carbon and health taxes outperform single-purpose information or fiscal measures in designing sustainable food policies, Nature Food, volume 3, pages 331-340, DOI:10.1038/s43016-022-00482-2.
- Kouloumpis V, Yan X. (2022) Life cycle assessment of a novel metal recovery method from co-processing of coal mine waste and low-grade printed circuit boards, J Environ Manage, volume 314, DOI:10.1016/j.jenvman.2022.115074. [PDF]
- Howard M, Yan X, Mustafee N, Charnley F, Böhm S, Pascucci S. (2022) Going beyond waste reduction: Exploring tools and methods for circular economy adoption in small-medium enterprises, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, volume 182, pages 106345-106345, article no. 106345, DOI:10.1016/j.resconrec.2022.106345.
- Gómez-Monsalve M, Domínguez IC, Yan X, Ward S, Oviedo-Ocaña ER. (2022) Environmental performance of a hybrid rainwater harvesting and greywater reuse system: A case study on a high water consumption household in Colombia, Journal of Cleaner Production, volume 345, pages 131125-131125, article no. 131125, DOI:10.1016/j.jclepro.2022.131125.
- Zhang W, Li J, Xie L, Hao X, Mallick T, Wu Y, Baig H, Shanks K, Sun Y, Yan X. (2022) Comprehensive analysis of electrical-optical performance and application potential for 3D concentrating photovoltaic window, Renewable Energy, volume 189, pages 369-382, DOI:10.1016/j.renene.2022.02.121.
- Correa-Cano ME, Salmoral G, Rey D, Knox JW, Graves A, Melo O, Foster W, Naranjo L, Zegarra E, Johnson C. (2022) A novel modelling toolkit for unpacking the Water-Energy-Food-Environment (WEFE) nexus of agricultural development, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, volume 159, pages 112182-112182, article no. 112182, DOI:10.1016/j.rser.2022.112182.
- Liu X, Tai APK, Chen Y, Zhang L, Shaddick G, Yan X, Lam H-M. (2022) Dietary shifts can reduce premature deaths related to particulate matter pollution in China (vol 2, pg 997, 2021), NATURE FOOD, volume 3, no. 1, pages 86-86, DOI:10.1038/s43016-022-00458-2. [PDF]
- Liu X, Tai APK, Chen Y, Zhang L, Shaddick G, Yan X, Lam HM. (2021) Dietary shifts can reduce premature deaths related to particulate matter pollution in China, Nature Food, volume 2, no. 12, pages 997-1004, DOI:10.1038/s43016-021-00430-6.
- Yang H, Zhang G, Dou B, Yan X, Liu Z, Qi W. (2021) Investigations of double layer phase change walls with expanded graphite on the temperature and energy consumption, Energy Reports, volume 7, pages 9023-9034, DOI:10.1016/j.egyr.2021.11.237.
- Li X, Yan X. (2021) High Resolution Air Pollutant Emissions from China's Road Transport at a Provincial Scale between 2015 and 2017, DOI:10.2139/ssrn.3957872.
- Zhang G, Guo Y, Liu Z, Lu W, Yan X, Du Y. (2021) Experimental and Numerical Investigation of Composite Phase Change Materials for Building Energy Saving, Frontiers in Energy Research, volume 9, DOI:10.3389/fenrg.2021.721487.
- Pell R, Tijsseling L, Goodenough K, Wall F, Dehaine Q, Grant A, Deak D, Yan X, Whattoff P. (2021) Towards sustainable extraction of technology materials through integrated approaches, Nature Reviews Earth and Environment, volume 2, no. 10, pages 665-679, DOI:10.1038/s43017-021-00211-6.
- Liu H, Yan X, Cheng J, Zhang J, Bu Y. (2021) Driving Factors for the Spatiotemporal Heterogeneity in Technical Efficiency of China’s New Energy Industry, Energies, volume 14, no. 14, pages 4151-4151, DOI:10.3390/en14144151.
- Stebbings E, Hooper T, Austen MC, Papathanasopoulou E, Yan X. (2021) Accounting for benefits from natural capital: Applying a novel composite indicator framework to the marine environment, Ecosystem Services, volume 50, pages 101308-101308, article no. 101308, DOI:10.1016/j.ecoser.2021.101308.
- Beylot A, Muller S, Segura-Salazar J, Brito-Parada P, Paneri A, Yan X, Lai F, Roethe R, Thomas G, Goettmann F. (2021) Switch on-switch off small-scale mining: Environmental performance in a life cycle perspective, Journal of Cleaner Production, volume 312, pages 127647-127647, article no. 127647, DOI:10.1016/j.jclepro.2021.127647.
- Kouloumpis V, Yan X. (2021) Sustainable energy planning for remote islands and the waste legacy from renewable energy infrastructure deployment, Journal of Cleaner Production, volume 307, DOI:10.1016/j.jclepro.2021.127198.
- Paneri A, Moore K, Beylot A, Muller S, Braun M, Yan X. (2021) Renewable energy can make small-scale mining in Europe more feasible, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, volume 172, pages 105674-105674, article no. 105674, DOI:10.1016/j.resconrec.2021.105674.
- Qu Y, Hooper T, Swales JK, Papathanasopoulou E, Austen MC, Yan X. (2021) Energy-food nexus in the marine environment: A macroeconomic analysis on offshore wind energy and seafood production in Scotland, Energy Policy, volume 149, pages 112027-112027, article no. 112027, DOI:10.1016/j.enpol.2020.112027.
- Zheng L, Mueller M, Luo C, Yan X. (2020) A Review of Data-driven Approaches for Occupant’s Behaviour in Building Energy Conservation, Applied Energy Symposium 2020: Low carbon cities and urban energy systems, Tokyo, 10th - 17th Oct 2020, Energy Proceedings, DOI:10.46855/energy-proceedings-7460. [PDF]
- Qu Y. (2020) Impacts of Offshore Wind Energy on Seafood Sectors: A Macroeconomic Perspective of the Energy-Food Nexus.
- Stebbings E. (2020) Integrating marine ecosystem services into macroeconomic modelling.
- Kouloumpis V, Pell RS, Correa-Cano ME, Yan X. (2020) Potential trade-offs between eliminating plastics and mitigating climate change: An LCA perspective on Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) bottles in Cornwall, Science of the Total Environment, volume 727, DOI:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.138681.
- Yan X, Corbin KR, Burton RA, Tan DKY. (2020) Agave: A promising feedstock for biofuels in the water-energy-food-environment (WEFE) nexus, Journal of Cleaner Production, volume 261, DOI:10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.121283.
- Stebbings E, Papathanasopoulou E, Hooper T, Austen MC, Yan X. (2020) The marine economy of the United Kingdom, Marine Policy, volume 116, DOI:10.1016/j.marpol.2020.103905.
- Zhang G, Yu Z, Cui G, Dou B, Lu W, Yan X. (2020) Fabrication of a novel nano phase change material emulsion with low supercooling and enhanced thermal conductivity, Renewable Energy, volume 151, pages 542-550, DOI:10.1016/j.renene.2019.11.044.
- Zeng Z, Wang Z, Gui K, Yan X, Gao M, Luo M, Geng H, Liao T, Li X, An J. (2020) Daily Global Solar Radiation in China Estimated From High‐Density Meteorological Observations: A Random Forest Model Framework, Earth and Space Science, volume 7, no. 2, DOI:10.1029/2019ea001058.
- Kouloumpis V, Sobolewski RA, Yan X. (2020) Performance and life cycle assessment of a small scale vertical axis wind turbine, Journal of Cleaner Production, volume 247, pages 119520-119520, article no. 119520, DOI:10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.119520.
- Paneri A, Yan X, Moore K, Moradi S. (2019) Renewable Energy Systems for Sustainable Mining.
- Jiang P, Alimujiang A, Dong H, Yan X. (2019) Detecting and Understanding Synergies and Co-Benefits of Low Carbon Development in the Electric Power Industry in China, Sustainability, volume 12, no. 1, pages 297-297, DOI:10.3390/su12010297.
- Pell R. (2019) Responsible sourcing of rare earth elements.
- Yan X. (2019) Challenges and research needs in life cycle analysis of building-integrated photovoltaic, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, volume 556, no. 1, DOI:10.1088/1757-899X/556/1/012053.
- Pell R, Wall F, Yan X, Li J, Zeng X. (2019) Mineral processing simulation based-environmental life cycle assessment for rare earth project development: a case study on the Songwe Hill project, Journal of Environmental Management.
- Yuan Z, Ou X, Peng T, Yan X. (2019) Life cycle greenhouse gas emissions of multi-pathways natural gas vehicles in china considering methane leakage, Applied Energy, volume 253, DOI:10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.113472.
- Wang Z, Lei T, Yan X, Chen G, Xin X, Yang M, Guan Q, He X, Gupta AK. (2019) Common characteristics of feedstock stage in life cycle assessments of agricultural residue-based biofuels, Fuel, volume 253, pages 1256-1263, DOI:10.1016/j.fuel.2019.05.105.
- Peng T, Ou X, Yan X, Wang G. (2019) Life-cycle analysis of energy consumption and GHG emissions of aluminium production in China, Energy Procedia, volume 158, pages 3937-3943, DOI:10.1016/j.egypro.2019.01.849.
- Moriarty P, Yan X, Wang SJ. (2019) Liquid biofuels: Not a long-term transport solution, Energy Procedia, volume 158, pages 3265-3270, DOI:10.1016/j.egypro.2019.01.986.
- Yan X, Wang SJ. (2019) Infrastructure-integrated photovoltaic (IIPV): A boost to solar energy's green credentials?, Energy Procedia, volume 158, pages 3314-3318, DOI:10.1016/j.egypro.2019.01.973.
- Pell R, Wall F, Yan X, Li J, Zeng X. (2019) Temporally explicit life cycle assessment as an environmental performance decision making tool in rare earth project development, Minerals Engineering, volume 135, pages 64-73, DOI:10.1016/j.mineng.2019.02.043. [PDF]
- McGrane SJ, Acuto M, Artioli F, Chen PY, Comber R, Cottee J, Farr-Wharton G, Green N, Helfgott A, Larcom S. (2019) Scaling the nexus: Towards integrated frameworks for analysing water, energy and food, Geographical Journal, volume 185, no. 4, pages 419-431, DOI:10.1111/geoj.12256.
- Pell R, Tijsseling L, Palmer LW, Glass H, Yan X, Wall F, Zeng X, Li J. (2018) Environmental optimisation of mine scheduling through life cycle assessment integration, Resources, Conservation and Recycling.
- Pell R, Wall F, Yan X, Bailey G. (2018) Applying and advancing the economic resource scarcity potential (ESP) method for rare earth elements, Resources Policy, DOI:10.1016/j.resourpol.2018.10.003.
- Matthew GS, Fitch-Roy OWF, Connor PM, Woodman B, Thies P, Hussain E, Mahmood H, Abusara M, Yan X, Hardwick J. (2018) ICE report T2.1.2 - ICE general methodology, INTERREG, University of Exeter, 52 pages.
- Peng T, Ou X, Yuan Z, Yan X, Zhang X. (2018) Development and application of China provincial road transport energy demand and GHG emissions analysis model, Applied Energy, volume 222, pages 313-328, DOI:10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.03.139.
- Yuan Z, Ou X, Peng T, Yan X. (2018) Development and application of a life cycle greenhouse gas emission analysis model for mobile air conditioning systems, Applied Energy, volume 221, pages 161-179, DOI:10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.03.073.
- Salmoral G, Yan X. (2018) Food-energy-water nexus: A life cycle analysis on virtual water and embodied energy in food consumption in the Tamar catchment, UK, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, volume 133, pages 320-330, DOI:10.1016/j.resconrec.2018.01.018.
- Peng T, Ou X, Yan X. (2018) Development and application of an electric vehicles life-cycle energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions analysis model, Chemical Engineering Research and Design, volume 131, pages 699-708, DOI:10.1016/j.cherd.2017.12.018.
- Liu H, Ou X, Yuan J, Yan X. (2018) Experience of producing natural gas from corn straw in China, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, volume 135, pages 216-224, DOI:10.1016/j.resconrec.2017.10.005.
- Maier M, Mueller M, Yan X. (2017) Introduction of a spatiotemporal Life Cycle Inventory method using a wind energy example, Energy Procedia, volume 142, pages 3035-3040, DOI:10.1016/j.egypro.2017.12.441.
- Pell R, Wall F, Yan X, Bailey G. (2017) Response to ‘Assessing the energy requirements and global warming potential of the production of rare earth elements’, Journal of Cleaner Production, DOI:10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.06.059.
- Zhang Q, Ou X, Yan X, Zhang X. (2017) Electric Vehicle Market Penetration and Impacts on Energy Consumption and CO2 Emission in the Future: Beijing Case, Energies, volume 10, no. 2, pages 228-228, DOI:10.3390/en10020228.
- Wang Z, Lei T, Lin L, Yang M, Li Z, Xin X, Qi T, He X, Shi J, Yan X. (2017) Comparison of the Physical and Chemical Properties, Performance, and Emissions of Ethyl Levulinate–Biodiesel–Diesel and n-Butanol–Biodiesel–Diesel Blends, Energy & Fuels, volume 31, no. 5, pages 5055-5062, DOI:10.1021/acs.energyfuels.6b02851.
- Pell R, Wall F, Yan X. (2017) Incorporating criticality into Life Cycle Assessment for rare earth production, Mineral Deposits Studies Group, Bristol, 18th - 21st Dec 2016, APPLIED EARTH SCIENCE (TRANS. INST. MIN. METALL. B), 2017, DOI:10.1080/03717453.2017.1306282.
- Wang Z, Lei T, Yang M, Li Z, Qi T, Xin X, He X, Ajayebi A, Yan X. (2017) Life cycle environmental impacts of cornstalk briquette fuel in China, Applied Energy, volume 192, pages 83-94, DOI:10.1016/j.apenergy.2017.01.071.
- Yang M, Wang Z, Guo S, Xin X, Qi T, Lei T, Yan X. (2017) Effects of fuel properties on combustion and emissions of a direct injection diesel engine fueled with n-butanol-diesel blends, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, volume 9, no. 1, DOI:10.1063/1.4976714.
- Maier M, Mueller M, Yan X. (2017) Introducing a localised spatio-temporal LCI method with wheat production as exploratory case study, Journal of Cleaner Production, volume 140, pages 492-501, DOI:10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.07.160.
- Wang Z, Li Z, Lei T, Yang M, Qi T, Lin L, Xin X, Ajayebi A, Yang Y, He X. (2016) Life cycle assessment of energy consumption and environmental emissions for cornstalk-based ethyl levulinate, Applied Energy, volume 183, pages 170-181, DOI:10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.08.187.
- Wu T, Zhou W, Yan X, Ou X. (2016) Optimal policy design for photovoltaic power industry with positive externality in China, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, volume 115, pages 22-30, DOI:10.1016/j.resconrec.2016.08.029.
- Lei T, Wang Z, Chang X, Lin L, Yan X, Sun Y, Shi X, He X, Zhu J. (2016) Performance and emission characteristics of a diesel engine running on optimized ethyl levulinate-biodiesel-diesel blends, Energy, volume 95, pages 29-40, DOI:10.1016/j.energy.2015.11.059.
- Yan X, Inderwildi OR, King DA, Boies AM. (2014) Response to Comment on "effects of ethanol on vehicle energy efficiency and implications on ethanol life-cycle greenhouse gas analysis", Environmental Science and Technology, volume 48, no. 16, pages 9953-9954, DOI:10.1021/es503420y.
- Hu J, Lei T, Wang Z, Yan X, Shi X, Li Z, He X, Zhang Q. (2014) Economic, environmental and social assessment of briquette fuel from agricultural residues in China - A study on flat die briquetting using corn stalk, Energy, volume 64, pages 557-566, DOI:10.1016/j.energy.2013.10.028.
- Ou X, Yan X, Zhang X, Zhang X. (2013) Life-cycle energy use and greenhouse gas emissions analysis for bio-liquid jet fuel from open pond-based micro-algae under China conditions, Energies, volume 6, no. 9, pages 4897-4923, DOI:10.3390/en6094897.
- Yan X, Inderwildi OR, King DA, Boies AM. (2013) Effects of ethanol on vehicle energy efficiency and implications on ethanol life-cycle greenhouse gas analysis, Environmental Science and Technology, volume 47, no. 11, pages 5535-5544, DOI:10.1021/es305209a.
- Yan X, Boies AM. (2013) Quantifying the uncertainties in life cycle greenhouse gas emissions for UK wheat ethanol, Environmental Research Letters, volume 8, no. 1, DOI:10.1088/1748-9326/8/1/015024.
- Wang Z, Lei T, Yue Z, Yan X, He X, Hu J, Zhu J. (2012) A comparison of biomass gasification and pyrolysis in three kinds of reactors using corn stalk pellets, JOURNAL OF RENEWABLE AND SUSTAINABLE ENERGY, volume 4, no. 3, article no. ARTN 033119, DOI:10.1063/1.4729594. [PDF]
- Ou X, Yan X, Zhang X, Liu Z. (2012) Life-cycle analysis on energy consumption and GHG emission intensities of alternative vehicle fuels in China, APPLIED ENERGY, volume 90, no. 1, pages 218-224, DOI:10.1016/j.apenergy.2011.03.032. [PDF]
- Yan X. (2012) Bioethanol and biodiesel as alternative transportation fuels in China: Current status, future potentials, and life cycle analysis, Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization and Environmental Effects, volume 34, no. 12, pages 1067-1075, DOI:10.1080/15567030903452100.
- Wang ZW, Lei TZ, Yan XY, Li YL, He XF, Zhu JL. (2012) Assessment and utilization of agricultural residue resources in henan province, china, BioResources, volume 7, no. 3, pages 3847-3861.
- Ou X, Xiaoyu Y, Zhang X. (2011) Life-cycle energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions for electricity generation and supply in China, APPLIED ENERGY, volume 88, no. 1, pages 289-297, DOI:10.1016/j.apenergy.2010.05.010. [PDF]
- Shirvani T, Yan X, Inderwildi OR, Edwards PP, King DA. (2011) Life cycle energy and greenhouse gas analysis for algae-derived biodiesel, ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE, volume 4, no. 10, pages 3773-3778, DOI:10.1039/c1ee01791h. [PDF]
- Yan X, Tan DKY, Inderwildi OR, Smith JAC, King DA. (2011) Life cycle energy and greenhouse gas analysis for agave-derived bioethanol, Energy and Environmental Science, volume 4, no. 9, pages 3110-3121, DOI:10.1039/c1ee01107c.
- Yan X, Crookes R. (2010) Effects of policy measures on energy demand and greenhouse gas emissions in China's road transport sector, pages 77-96.
- Xunmin O, Yan X, Xiliang Z. (2010) Using coal for transportation in China: Life cycle GHG of coal-based fuel and electric vehicle, and policy implications, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GREENHOUSE GAS CONTROL, volume 4, no. 5, pages 878-887, DOI:10.1016/j.ijggc.2010.04.018. [PDF]
- Yan X, Inderwildi OR, King DA. (2010) Biofuels and synthetic fuels in the US and China: A review of Well-to-Wheel energy use and greenhouse gas emissions with the impact of land-use change, Energy and Environmental Science, volume 3, no. 2, pages 190-197, DOI:10.1039/b915801d.
- Yan X, Crookes RJ. (2010) Energy demand and emissions from road transportation vehicles in China, Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, volume 36, no. 6, pages 651-676, DOI:10.1016/j.pecs.2010.02.003.
- Yan X, Crookes RJ. (2009) Reduction potentials of energy demand and GHG emissions in China's road transport sector, Energy Policy, volume 37, no. 2, pages 658-668, DOI:10.1016/j.enpol.2008.10.008.
- Yan X. (2009) Energy demand and greenhouse gas emissions during the production of a passenger car in China, Energy Conversion and Management, volume 50, no. 12, pages 2964-2966, DOI:10.1016/j.enconman.2009.07.014.
- Yan X, Crookes RJ. (2009) Life cycle analysis of energy use and greenhouse gas emissions for road transportation fuels in China, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, volume 13, no. 9, pages 2505-2514, DOI:10.1016/j.rser.2009.06.012.
- Yan X, Crookes RJ. (2009) Life cycle energy and greenhouse gas assessment of conventional and alternative fuel options for automobiles in China, UECTC'09 - Proceedings of 2009 US-EU-China Thermophysics Conference - Renewable Energy.
- Hu Z, Tan P, Yan X, Lou D. (2008) Life cycle energy, environment and economic assessment of soybean-based biodiesel as an alternative automotive fuel in China, Energy, volume 33, no. 11, pages 1654-1658, DOI:10.1016/j.energy.2008.06.004.
- Yan X, Crookes RJ. (2007) A Study of energy use in China, ECOS 2007 - Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Efficiency, Cost, Optimization, Simulation and Environmental Impact of Energy Systems, volume 2, pages 1661-1668.
- Yan X, Crookes RJ. (2007) Study on energy use in China, Journal of the Energy Institute, volume 80, no. 2, pages 110-115, DOI:10.1179/174602207X189184.
Showing 88 publications from Symplectic.